85 Simple Ways to Love Your Husband
There are many simple ways to love your husband, and the best way may not be what you think. What are some practical ways to show love to our husbands? How can we do this right? Loving your husband all depends on how God made him.
As wives, God has called us to love and respect our husbands.
‘And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.’Ephesians 5:21-24,33
In this post, I will give you a comprehensive list of 85 simple ways to love your husband in ways that he will feel the most loved. They will inspire you to find new ways to show appreciation and kindle that fire once more.
Love Your Husband the Way He Wants to Be Loved
Do you show your husband how much you love him by loving him in the way he feels most loved? Or do you love him by doing the things that make you feel most loved, or in a way that you think he would feel loved?
What if I told you that that is the wrong way to love your husband. Sure, it’s the thought that counts. But how would you feel if your husband showed that he loved you by buying you a necklace, but you really would appreciate his help with the laundry? Probably not as loved as you’d like to be.
Pastor and Author of The Five Love Languages Gary Chapman outlines in his bestselling book the five love languages that we have. He observed that in order for husbands and wives to genuinely feel loved by their spouses, they need to be loved according to their love languages, the way they feel the most loved.
What Are the 5 Love Languages?
- Words of Affirmation: Speaking words of life, appreciation, and affection to your spouse in ways that are meaningful to them.
- Quality Time: Spending undivided time with your spouse doing activities you can enjoy together.
- Receiving Gifts: Receiving gifts from your spouse in ways that express love, appreciation, and value.
- Acts of Service: Performing tasks for your spouse that lets them know you are thinking about them.
- Physical Touch: Physical affection (sexual and non-sexual) that communicates love to your spouse.
Take the quiz to discover your primary love language. Then ask your husband to take the quiz to find out how you can best show your love for him.
Here are 85 ways you can love your husband.
Love Your Husband with Physical Touch
- Show your affection in public.
- Focus on your man in the bedroom and give him out of this world pleasure.
- Fulfill his fantasy.
- Hold his hand.
- Kiss him deeply and often.
- Hug him tightly every day.
- Roleplay and have fun in the bedroom.
- Dance for him, with or without clothes.
- Initiate intimacy with him.
- Shower together.
- Strip tease for him.
- Rub his head.
- Rub your hands through his hair.
- Put on some nice lingerie.
- Whisper in his ear something sexy you’d like to do with him.
Love Your Husband with Quality Time
- Play with him. Video games, board games, D&D, cards, basketball – whatever it is. He’ll be happy to spend time with you doing something that he loves.
- Pray with your husband.
- Take him for a walk or work out together (if he likes either of those things). Bonus: He gets to see you in those yoga pants.
- Listen intentionally without distractions when he is talking.
- Make him laugh.
- Ask him how he is. Asking him about his day shows that you’re interested and you care.
- Ask him about his childhood. Ask interesting questions to get to know him better.
- Dream together. Talk about the future, plans, trips, and/or holidays together.
- Go to church together.
- Go to a museum or botanical garden together.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Go watch a movie of his choice together.
- Make a romantic dinner for two at home.
- Watch a sports game together.
- Look at family pictures together and reminisce.
Love Your Husband with Words of Affirmation
- Make a list of all the great things he’s done in his life and show him. It will boost his confidence and self-esteem.
- Write a list of all the things he’s done for you.
- Write a list of how he makes you feel and why you love him.
- Send him a love song and tell him you thought of him.
- Hide a love note in his wallet. It will be a nice to surprise for him when he goes through it next.
- Write him a letter, expressing how much he means to you.
- Send a text to tell him you’re thinking about him.
- Ask God to reveal a quality of your husband that you have overlooked, and praise him for it.
- Go the entire day without saying anything negative about or to your spouse.
- Tell him what he is good at.
- Thank him for being a great husband to you and father to your child(ren).
- Find something you appreciate about him and thank him for it.
- Compliment him on his character.
- Tell him he’s handsome.
- Tell him what you admire most about him.
Love Your Husband with Acts of Service
- Surprise him with his favorite meal cooked with love.
- Pray for your husband.
- Happily sacrifice your time or chores today for him.
- Help him with work.
- Let him hang out with his friends.
- Prepare breakfast in bed for him.
- Do a chore that he usually does.
- Prepare a dessert for him for no reason.
- Wash his car.
- Give him a back or foot massage.
- Prepare him breakfast on the go in the morning.
- Fold his laundry and put a note in one of his dresser drawers.
- Allow him to devote a full day to his hobby.
- Give him love coupons that he can use whenever, and follow through!
- Prepare his breakfast or lunch for work.
Love Your Husband by Giving Him Gifts
- Buy tickets for events he likes (like games or concerts).
- Buy him a book he’s been wanting.
- Get him a new shirt.
- Get him a video game.
- Buy his favorite candy.
- Give him a framed family photo for his office.
- Buy him a gift card to one of his favorite stores.
- Surprise him with takeout from his favorite restaurant.
- Buy him a new outfit for work.
- Buy him some coffee or tea that he’d like.
- Surprise him at work with his favorite breakfast or coffee.
- Surprise him with a romantic night out or weekend getaway.
- Buy him something that he’s been wanting for awhile
- Sign him up for a class that he’s been wanting to take
- Listen for hints on things he’d love and write them down so you can use them to surprise him later
More Simple Ways to Love Your Husband
- Have patience. If he wants to do something for you and you know you can get it done faster or do it better, don’t do it. Give him time.
- Give him grace. If he does something wrong, don’t criticize. Instead, give him grace and think about what you can say to make things better, not worse.
- Don’t hold resentment or grudges. Forgive him and let it go.
- Accept him for who he is. Don’t try to change him.
- Show love to his family.
- Ask him for his opinion or consult him on a decision. It lets him know you respect him.
- Welcome him with a smile when you see him after work. It makes him feel happy that he’s home.
- Have his back. Back him up in every situation and show him that you are there with him. And don’t allow people to talk negatively about him, including yourself.
- Admit when you’re wrong. And admit when he’s right.
- Work on being a better you. Ask him what he would like you to improve on and do your best to work on it.
Want to love your husband by praying for him? Here is a FREE checklist of 8 prayers to cover your sweetheart:
Click here or on the image below for your free checklist, no email required!
I’ve read the 5 Love Languages and it’s a great book! And this is a great list to compliment it! Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.