44 Simple Summer Date Ideas
Summer is right around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, you’re already looking forward to spending some quality time with your spouse in the hot summer sun. For me, I’m a planner, so I’ve already been planning some sizzling dates with my sweetheart. Not sure what to do or where to go to make your summer nights fun and spicy? Here are 44 simple summer date ideas for you to try.
44 Date Ideas to Spice Up Your Summer
Instead of being bored with the same old dinner and a movie, here are 44 creative and fun date night ideas that you can do with your husband to spice up your summer months.
Summer Date Ideas at Home
- Wake up early, grab donuts and coffee, and watch the sunrise together.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Work a DIY project together.
- Have a board game night.
- Host a bonfire double date.
- Put together a romantic dinner on your back patio or in your backyard.
- Garden together.
- Play with Fireworks together!
- Camp in your backyard.
- Go stargazing together.
- Go for a drive with the windows down.
Summer Dates Out and About
- Have a picnic in the park or in a botanical garden.
- Find a new summer sport or outdoor game to enjoy together.
- Go for an evening swim.
- Go for a walk or hike together and enjoy the conversation and scenery.
- Visit a museum together.
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Dance under the stars.
- Visit the Farmer’s Market.
- Go to an outdoor concert or festival.
- Take a camping trip or rent a cabin.
- Go to an outdoor play or show.
- Visit a theme park or water park.
- Take a road trip to the beach or lake.
- Go berry picking.
- Share a funnel cake and fresh lemonade at the county fair.
- Go to a thrift store and shop for each other’s date night outfits. Whatever they pick out, you HAVE to wear it.
- Attend a baseball game.
- Have a photography date. Go around town and take creative photos of each other.
- Go shooting at a gun range.
- Look for treasures at local garage sales.
- Go fishing!
- Go for a bike ride or roller skate at the park together.
- Visit the circus.
- Go to the aquarium.
- Take a trip to the zoo.
- Play a few rounds of mini-golf.
- Go rock climbing.
- Take a cruise on the lake.
- Play at an arcade.
- Rent a canoe.
- Attend a comedy club show.
- Volunteer together. Those that volunteer together, stay together.
- Go to the bookstore and try to find a book you could enjoy reading together.